A virtual tour offers home buyers a remote walk-through of your property. This is an excellent marketing tool to help attract discerning buyers.
Technology touches every aspect of the Real Estate industry today. Innovative Realtors are already moving beyond photos. There are a few things to consider when preparing your home for a virtual tour. Start by turning on all the lights and opening the drapes or blinds to let natural light in. Clean your house thoroughly before the virtual tour and remove all clutter and any furniture you don’t want to be seen. Your agent will help you with the staging of your home beforehand so it looks presentable in the video. The advantage of staging for a virtual tour is you’ll only have to keep it that way for the duration of the filming.
Below are some tips to make sure your house is looking its best:
- Check all light bulbs are working
- Make sure bulbs in light fixtures are all the same color
- Turn on as many lights beforehand as you can
- Fans need to be turned off – If there’s a secret to having lights on and fans off, please set that up beforehand
- Clean off counters
- Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away
- Empty the garbage can, or if possible, hide from view
- Remove items posted on the fridge
- Remove dish towels from oven, cabinets, and sink
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away
- Close toilet lid and empty the garbage
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces
- Hang your best towels neatly from a towel bar
- If the inside of the shower or bathtub is visible, limit the number of viewable products
- Declutter and tidy up shelves
- Straighten couch pillows
- Turn off televisions and hide remotes
Check the basics around the house. It takes just a minute to make sure all is in order. Turn on as many lights as you can when the photographer arrives. Try not to be in the room the photographer is taking pictures as you may end up in the photo. Anyone interested in taking a virtual tour can easily access it online to get an idea of what to expect in the property. A virtual tour can be a great way to get more potential buyers to see your home. It also ensures that only people who are seriously looking for a new home request a virtual tour.
The Minchen Team uses Matterport 3D to give potential buyers a tour of the house, reach a wider audience, and close properties faster. Matterport can help you reduce vacancy rates by attracting more high-quality prospects and increase engagement with your properties online. With a 3D virtual tour, prospective leads can do their own walkthrough of your properties from anywhere, anytime, generating higher engagement and interest. Contact Us to learn more!